Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Finding Motivation

It's been one of those mornings...one where I just want to crawl back into bed.

I was kept up all night by cats getting into the trash, running through my room and jumping on my bed. My Little One did not sleep well either so when my alarm went off at 6am, I really did not want to get up. Oh and did I mention that I'm going through a detox cleanse as well?

I finally dragged myself out of my bed (it's about 15 degrees here) and got everyone dressed and fed and set about about arranging the craft for my daycare kiddos. We're learning about stars, yellow, horizontal lines and winter right now. By the time I had it set up on the table my first child arrived. I went to open my front door only to realize it was frozen...awesome....

It's now 7:30 and so far we've had two accidents, a major meltdown and and full change of clothes.

So I broke down and turned on a movie.

It's not how I planned this day to go, but that's not what matters. As long as something gets done, then the day has been successful.

The kiddos are watching a read aloud story and are calm, I have a load of diapers in the wash, and the dishwasher just finished. I may not get the crafts done that I had planned, we may not even read the stories that I had picked out, but the day is not lost...my dishes will be clean and put away, I won't have to scramble to wash diapers tonight, and maybe my floors will get cleaned.

Finding motivation isn't always easy, you have to step back from the situation...let go of frustrations. I keep a running list of things I need to do, when I have time, I pick something off the list. This means that my house isn't always spotless, sometimes I have dishes in the sink and sometimes no one wants to do the craft I had planned. But then we just move on to something else. This simple list keeps me motivated to keep trying. Hearing the children laugh and get excited over seeing something new is worth it...and at the end of the day when I'm exhausted...I look at the list, add a few more things and know that although it will never be done, I've had a great day.

In Love and Light

1 comment:

  1. I think being exhausted at the end of a day is a good thing. Its life's way of saying "Good job, today. Now sleep!"

    ReplyDelete