Thursday, January 2, 2014

Getting Back to Simple in 2014

I have been on a short hiatus from blogging to focus on healing my sweet Little One. I have mentioned before that he was ill, specifically we now know that he is anemic, gluten intolerant and has other food allergies. After a few months of worrying and some tears, we are now on an upturn!

For this reason, I have decided to share the next part of our journey with you. I have just achieved a dream of mine, opening a daycare. I have one little girl staying with Little One and I today. We have had a wonderful time playing with dolls, exploring outside, baking cookies and reading. After a brief meltdown, I decided that the comfort of a favorite movie was necessary. I rarely have Little One, or other children I care, watch movies, but I do understand their comfort and distraction.

Next week begins our first learning unit (there were only two days in this week). We're discovering stars and the color yellow :) I'll be posting about our lesson plans and pictures of our crafts (hopefully)

In other news, with Little One being so premature, my body has struggled to bounce back from pregnancy. I lost the weight very quickly due to stress, but this isn't particularly healthy. I have decided to focus more on my health this year, now that Little One is doing better. As I am still nursing, doing a traditional detox is not safe. I have cobbled together a smoothie and meal plan to make sure I'm getting enough calories, while also allowing my body a bit of a break.

In conjunction with this, I am putting together meal plans from Nourishing Traditions. I am very excited about this! It is something I have wanted to do for a long time but have had excuses for not doing so. Similarly, I have made excuses not to exercise lately, but am now determined to try again. Is anyone else interested in the health benefits of yoga and tai chi?

And lastly, due to being a single mom and on a somewhat flexible income, I've realized I need to be more organized--especially with my budget. I am working my way through Dave Ramsey's Babysteps Plan. I'm hoping to get all debt paid off and have a decent savings account by the end of 2014!

Wishing you all the best in 2014

In Love and Light

No comments:

Post a Comment